Is the online shop safe?
Yes, buying from the online store is safe.
Our online shop is operated by one of the world's largest online shop operators, Digital River, which operates shops for Samsung, Microsoft, Lenovo and many more.
The key symbol in the address bar of your browser during the purchase procedure makes sure that your personal data will be securely encrypted during tramsmission:
Is the PhraseExpress Server included?
Yes, we are happy to confirm, that the PhraseExpress Server and Client Manager is included in the purchase of client licenses. There is no extra cost.
Which product edition do I need?
The feature matrix on the shop page illustrates which feature is included in which edition. If you click a feature title, you get additional info about each feature.
The most important distinction between Standard Edition and Professional Edition is the maximum allowed number of computers and monitors. The Standard Edition allows only two computers where each computer must not have more than one single display.
Are licenses valid life-time?
Yes, licenses are valid life-time for all software versions which are released during your maintenance term.
Make sure to keep a local backup of your software installation file as we do not maintain a repository of older software versions.
Only maintenance (free updates, upgrades and new versions) expire after the end of the selected maintenance term of either one, three or five years, but you can continue to use your existing installation without expiration.
Is the SQL Server included?
PhraseExpress supports connections to a Microsoft SQL Server but the SQL Server itself is not included.
Microsoft offers a free SQL Server Express Edition which can be used with PhraseExpress.
How are monitors counted?
This page illustrates, how monitors are counted for ShareMouse:
This is a computer with one single display:
Note: The integrated laptop display counts as a display.
The Standard Edition is fine for two computers with one single monitor each.
- The Standard Edition is fine for two laptops without any additional display.
- The Standard Edition is fine for one laptop without any additional display plus one desktop with no more or less than one single connected display.
- The Standard Edition is fine for two desktop computers, where each desktop has no more or less than one single connected display.
Any other setup would require the Pro Edition.
This is a computer with two displays:
This is a laptop with one integrated display plus an additional monitor (aka "display") connected to that laptop.
If any computer has more than one display, you would need the Pro Edition.
- Above example doesn't show one but two displays because the internal display of the laptop is still also counted as a display.
- A display is counted, even if you do not look at it.
- A display is counted, even if you disable any displays while it is still detected by the operating system. You can review this in the Display Properties dialog of your computer.
- A display is counted, even if you "actually doesn't use it".
- A display is counted, even if you never or rarely move the mouse to it.
- An Virtual Reality display device (such as Oculus Rift) is counted as a display.
- A display still counts as a display, even if we may use the alternative term "monitor" or "screen".
- A display is counted, even if you "don't know, why it is connected anyway".
- It also is counted, if it is connected to a computer but not used for that computer (e.g. if you have a monitor switch, that can switch a single monitor for use with multiple computers). If the operating system recognizes such display, ShareMouse also recognizes and counts it as a display. Again, this is also the case, even if you don't look at it or if you do not move the mouse to it.
This is a computer with three displays:
This example shows a laptop with one built-in display plus two connected external monitors.
The result is three monitors. Any computer involved with such configuration would require the Pro Edition as more than one display is connected.
On how many computers can I use a PhraseExpress license?
Licensing depends on the installation variation:
- Stand-alone installation: If using PhraseExpress without using a SQL/PhraseExpress server, one license can be used by one person on up to three computers on which you use the same user name (on Windows, this is the Windows user name (not the Microsoft account name. On a Mac, it is the Apple account name). Each person requires a separate license. The actual user name that PhraseExpress uses for licensing is shown in the " " window.
- Portable mode: If running PhraseExpress from a USB stick, the license key is bound to the USB stick, which you can use on any number of computers.
- Client-/Server: If using PhraseExpress with a SQL/PhraseExpress Server, you need a separate license for each user connection to the server. The user can be identified by his or her user name or by the combination of user name and workgroup, or by the combination of user name, workgroup and computer name.
Licenses for Windows, Mac, iOS or Android are separate purchases.
Do you entertain a refund policy?
A money-back guarantee means, that you first have to pay, then you may find out, that the product does not meet your expectations and you would have to claim your money back.
We don't want your money first - We want your confidence first!
You can extensively try out our software free of charge to make a confident purchase decision.
We don't urge you to buy. Please test all offered functions and take the time you need to test everything for suitability and compatibility with your individual system environment.
Is the iOS or Android App included in the Windows or Mac version?
No, each product variation is a separate purchase.
There is software which is based on a common source code, that is compiled for different operating systems with a single click of a button. The benefit is obvious but comes at a price: A common code basis has to be the lowest common denominator of all support platforms. Our software Macro Recorder uses such system because in this particular case, there is little which is lost caused by this restriction.
PhraseExpress, instead, aims to excel at what's doable for each operating system. As each version is a complete separate development with native development tools designed for the respective operating system, we need to charge for each variation separately.
Another challenge is, that Apple insists to sell iOS Apps. There is simply no other sales channel for iOS App. The Android App is exclusively available through the Google Playstore.
Are future updates free?
Yes, you get free service packs, updates, upgrades and all major new versions during the selected mainentance term of one, three or five years.
After maintenance expiration, your license does not expire and you can continue to use the latest version, you were able to download during your valid maintenance term.
Please keep the installation files as we only provide the latest, current version.
What happens if maintenance expires?
You can continue to use the version, that you were able to download within your purchased maintenance term for an unlimited time. You own a life-time license. The software itself does not expire. Make sure to secure your installer file for future installations as we do not host an installer archive.
However, you may then be using an unmaintained and out-of-date software without security bug fixes and updates to maintain compatibility with operating systems.
To stay up-to-date, renew the maintenance at discount. Extra discounts apply for multi-year maintenance renewals.
You can also upgrade to a higher product edition, for example from the Standard Edition to the Professional Edition.
Can I trust your company?
Our business is well-established for more than 20 years with a registered address in the heart of the very oldest city in Germany, Trier. Our online shop is operated by the US based vendor Digital River.
Digital River is one of the biggest software online reseller in the world, trusted by leading companies, such as Adobe, Samsung, Microsoft, Logitech and many more.
How to renew maintenance?
Returning customers get renewal discount. You can also upgrade to a higher product edition and secure huge extra discount if choosing a longer maintenance period:
What is included in the purchase?
Your purchase includes the right to use the software, as well as updates and upgrades, which we publish within the maintenance period you have chosen.
A special feature of our offer is that it also includes all new major versions with new functions.
Do you offer volume discounts?
What will happen after placing the order?
You will receive a confirmation email for your transaction immediately after you place your order online.
If you chose to pay by credit/debit card, your order will be processed immediately.
If you chose a different payment option, you will receive detailed information with your order confirmation explaining how to complete your payment. Orders are processed once payment has been received. You will receive a license key which is delivered to you by email immediately after receiving payment.
If you do not receive an order confirmation after your order has been submitted, please contact customer service of our eCommerce partner Digital River GmbH.
What is maintenance?
Maintenance is much more than just updates.
It includes any update, upgrade and also major new version with new features we release within the selected 1, 3 or 5 years maintenance term.
- Licenses do not expire and are valid life-time.
- Licenses are no subscription and there is no recurring payment.
- If a new version should be released just a few months after your purchase, you don't need to purchase an upgrade. Instead such upgrades are free for you and included in your maintenance at no extra cost.
- Long-term maintenances come with attractive extra discounts.
- If you renew maintenance, you get additional discount.
Is maintenance included in the license?
Yes, a license always includes maintenance for the selected term of one, three or five years.
This ensures that you can always use the latest software. You cannot purchase a license without maintenance.
However, if maintenance is expired for your license, you can renew maintenance at discount.
When does the maintenance term start running?
The maintenance term starts with the date of purchase.
License keys are dynamically generated at the time of purchase. The end of maintenance is branded into the license key and can be read that out from the first set of 4-digits, e.g. "0421" means April, 2021.
What happens after the end of maintenance?
Your software installation will continue to work. However, your license key no longer works for security-critical security updates and we recommend to renew the maintenance. Returning customers get discount.
Is the license a subscription?
No, the software is no subscription but a single purchase with a one-time payment. There is not recurring payment.
Can a license be transferred?
Yes, you can release a license association from a user, a computer or a USB stick at any time to use it elsewhere.
Where can I find my license key?
If you cannot retrieve the license key delivery mail coming from "ShareIt/DigitalRiver" from your email inbox:
- Visit our ecommerce reseller webpage.
- Adjust the web page language in the upper left, if necessary.
- Click the button "My Account" and log into your account.
There you should find your license key information.
If you lost the login information as well, click the "Request Login/Password" link below the user/password input boxes.
Which currencies do you accept?
The base currency is US$.
If you are ordering from outside the USA, you may want to stick with the base currency. The exchange rate of your payment provider is most probably better than the rate of our eCommerce service. We have no influence over the rate eCommerce using for exchanges.
Can licenses be cotermed?
Yes, we would be happy to coterm the maintenance term of your existing licenses with a new purchase.
You would purchasing new licenses together with a maintenance renewal of your existing licenses. Of course, remaining maintenance of your existing licenses are credited.
You will then receive a complete set of new license keys that have the same maintenance term.
You can also upgrade to a higher product edition at the same time.
What to do:
Please send us the list of your existing license keys, as well as the number and desired product variation (Standard, Pro, Enterprise Edition, NamedUser/ConcurrentUser) and the desired new maintenance period of 1, 3 or 5 years.
- Purchase at least 10 new PhraseExpress Pro/Enterprise Edition licenses.
- The edition of the new licenses must be at least the same as the edition of the existing licenses.
- Existing licenses of varying product editions will be streamlined to a common product edition.
- The maintenance period must exceed the maintenance period of the existing licenses.
- Orders can only be placed directly, not in the online shop.
Do you have a Linux version?
No, but we are watching the market closely - When we may release software for Linux in the future, we will offer it on our web site.
Can I have a discount coupon?
Our apologies, but we do not use discount coupons for sales promotions. We use coupons for existing or returning customers for specific reasons only (ugrade discount, renewal discount, etc.).