Import Excel xlsm was working but not refreshing Topic is solved

emveen

Import Excel xlsm was working but not refreshing

Post by emveen » 16 Jun 22, 22:47

Hi,

I'm using an excel .xlsm file as input for phraseexpress. I connected this dynamically with phraseexpress.
In v. 126 it was possible to import the information from an xlsm file. Refreshing was not possible.
In v. 131 the .xlsm file is not imported anymore and the dynamic folder stays empty.

(1) Would it be possible to reactivate the .xlsm import again?
(2) Would it be possible to refresh the .xlsm file with the icon or F5?

PS. Workaround for refresh in v. 126 was to "configure" the same file again[/list]

Technical Support

Post by Technical Support » 17 Jun 22, 08:58

We cannot reproduce the problem. Did smth change in your MS Excel installation? What is your MS Excel version?

By the way: to refresh a dynamic folder just press F5 having the folder selected in tree or press the refresh button on the right side in the dynamic folder properties.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 17 Jun 22, 10:18

Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce the issue and we need additional information what happens on your system.

PhraseExpress can be launched in a special diagnostic mode to record additional information while you are using it (keystrokes, program focus changes and internal actions) into a "debug file".

How to create a debug log:

1. Exit PhraseExpress.

2. Press and hold the SHIFT-key and launch PhraseExpress.

3. Confirm the prompt to activate debug mode.

4. Reproduce the problem and then immediately exit PhraseExpress.

PhraseExpress created the debug file "Debug_PhraseExpress_xx-xx-xxxx_xx.xx.txt" in a folder on your desktop.

Review this file in any text editor and remove any confidential information which may have been recorded.

Send the file to us with a precise step-by-step description that allows us to reproduce the steps to email address support@bartelsmedia.com

emveen

Post by emveen » 17 Jun 22, 14:39

Hi,

As you mentioned, you could not reproduce my problem. Therefore, I created a simplified xlsm file to rule out any issues with the excel file and to my surprise everything worked smooth. Checking the file with the complaint I suspected the empty cell causing issues but that seems not to be the issue either as it works. Although happy that it works (again) I still have no clue why. Case closed.

PS. Could you include in your ms excel files filter also the xlsm files as well? I now find them by typing in the file box *.xlsm

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 17 Jun 22, 14:54

Could you include in your ms excel files filter also the xlsm files as well?
Will be added in next release.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 19 Jun 22, 20:36

One question: is the Excel file stored in OneDrive? Please note that OneDrive allows to download the actual file on request only. If you query the Excel file with PhraseExpress is it physically present on your computer?