feature request: "sync" exchange events

koopal151

feature request: "sync" exchange events

Post by koopal151 » 05 Nov 21, 21:04

Right now, ShareMouse executes exchange events when they are triggered by another machine.
With exchange events, I mean the events listed under Settings >> Exchange, but not all of them are affected:
  • energy saving
  • lock
  • screen saver
It would be great if ShareMouse could "sync" the events instead of only letting other systems trigger them.
With "sync" I mean that when activated, it would also prevent the machine from triggering the events on its own.
Obviously that would only be beneficial when the machine would still enter those events automatically normally if ShareMouse is not connected to another machine.

Right now I have ShareMouse configured like this:
  • Windows PC:
    • Windows:
      • screen saver: 5 min
      • lock: disabled
      • energy saving: disabled
    • ShareMouse:
      • allow Screen Saver being triggered: disabled
      • allow lock being triggered: enabled
      • allow energy saving being triggered: disabled
  • Windows Laptop:
    • Windows:
      • screen saver: 9999 min
      • lock:
        • on battery: 3 min
        • on power: disabled
      • energy saving:
        • on battery: 3 min
        • on power: disabled
    • ShareMouse:
      • allow Screen Saver being triggered: enabled
      • allow lock being triggered: enabled
      • allow energy saving being triggered: disabled
With those settings I get almost the behavior I want except that when I am away from home, the laptop does not lock when I leave it alone for some time with power connected. To solve that, I would have to enable lock on power in Windows on the laptop once I leave and turn it off again once I am back home. I would often forget that and since the laptop has an OLED screen it would even cause harm to the screen in the long run.

When I enable lock on power in Windows on the laptop, then when not hat home I get the wanted behavior, but when at home, the laptop locks on its own, although I actually want it to mirror the PC's state.

Hopefully you can implement that, even though it probably is a niche problem.