Monitor Manager - Screen Separation

Rosenberg_R

Monitor Manager - Screen Separation

Post by Rosenberg_R » 04 Oct 21, 19:55

Setup:
On the left: MacBook Pro, running MacOS 11.6, MBP on right, 2nd monitor on left.
On the Right: PC, Zeon, Win7 SP1 64bit, 3 monitors, main screen in center. This is the main keyboard and mouse that is used for both, although the Mac is the licensed device.
Both in the release version (5.0.49.0) and the Beta version (6.0.24.0), the Mac monitors "disconnect" from the PC monitors (it seems) randomly, making it impossible to switch between them. Interestingly, the only Monitor pictures that move are the Mac monitors. The Mac monitors (in the Monitor Manager screen) stay together, and the PC monitors stay together. Once in release and once in Beta, when they disconnected, the PC cursor (thus, the keyboard as well) was on the Mac. The mouse and keyboard still worked on the Mac, though I could not get the mouse back on the PC without use of the Panic sequence (using [Esc] [Esc]).
It might be time based. I can't tell for sure. When it happens, it's fixable, from the Mac or the PC, by just dragging the Mac screens back to the edge of the PC screens.
If there is a debug mode or log available that I can help with, I'll do what I can - within the constraints of my normal job - to help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Technical Support

Post by Technical Support » 06 Oct 21, 08:55

Please, create logs on all computers and send them to us.
To create logs:
- Exit ShareMouse if it is running.
- Press and hold the SHIFT-key while launching ShareMouse again. This will make ShareMouse launching in debug mode.
- Reproduce the problem and exit ShareMouse.

On Windows ShareMouse creates a folder named “Debug_ShareMouse” on your desktop. Attach the contents of the folder to your email.
On Mac the “Console” App will be started automatically with ShareMouse.
Press "Start streaming" in the Console App to start logging. After reproducing the problem, type ShareMouse into the search field of the Console App and send us the contents.

Rosenberg_R

Post by Rosenberg_R » 15 Oct 21, 19:08

Hi!
Sorry it took so long - gotta check back faster!
My Win7 machine (3 monitors) is User level only. I restarted the ShareMouse service (required admin credentials), and could not start it in Debug mode, possibly because of the UAC prompt.
The left screens are my MacBook Pro (the licensed one).
In the attached pic, the bottom right is a Win10 machine, for which I can not access anything in Admin mode. This seems to be the culprit. It shows up as shown, but is accessible from (B) as well as (C). It is wired, but bounces in and out of WiFi, which seems to have a prohibition from carrying ShareMouse stuff. Interestingly, the Mac doesn't see the Win10 machine, either in release or Beta...
As you said, on the Mac, the console came up, but if you intended streaming, that is a serious bit of info. If you intended a log, there is no log for ShareMouse... I included nothing from there, pending clarification.

I just got this one, on both the Mac and the Win7 machines (more consistent, for sure!).
I wish I had logs for you though!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rosenberg_R

Post by Rosenberg_R » 15 Oct 21, 23:09

Okay,

I didn't read your post very well. :-(

Here you go, with the Debug log for the Mac. As said above, I tried to start the PC ShareMouse in Debug, and couldn't...

Rosenberg_R

Post by Rosenberg_R » 18 Oct 21, 19:48

Interesting!
The monitor separation issue does seem to have something to do with Computer 3. Using the setup in the picture "Good..." (6 monitors, with "F" in bottom-right), coming in today (Monday), all stays connected. I'm guessing that, if "F" goes missing, and it's under or near "E" (the registered Mac), that causes the split...