feedback for macos desktop+laptop setup

felmasper

feedback for macos desktop+laptop setup

Post by felmasper » 25 Aug 19, 19:00

Hey, there!
I'm trying the software with desktop+laptop setup, both Macs, macOS Mojave latest release. My main goal was to use my laptop's trackpad for the desktop instead of the desktop's mouse.
It's great so far! Trackpad gestures are working! It's simple to connect -- it just works!
Now some feedback:
  1. The horizontal scrolling with 2 fingers on trackpad is not working -- it should switch between browser pages (back and forward).
  2. I tried using both laptop's trackpad and desktop's magic mouse. I realize it's not a common case, but I thought I would have only one cursor/pointer/focus movable by any of the input devices. But the keyboard focus didn't move along the mouse cursor when I used desktop's mouse to move to laptop's screen and then back to desktop's. I noticed the cursor pointer stayed on laptop's screen and the focus as well.
  3. Horizontal scrolling over magic mouse didn't seem to work -- this is the same gesture as trackpad with 2 fingers.
  4. When Handoff is turned on, I'm experimenting some lag. But I think this is a general problem with handoff+bluetooth, which makes all the system laggy.
  5. Suggestion: I used some of the premium options and hit the 30 minutes time. Suddenly I was typing in the wrong window. Maybe the user could have some kind of warning before the timeout -- a notification, a sound, a changed mouse pointer, ...
  6. Suggestion: settings could be more self explanatory. Didn't understand some of the options.

Technical Support

Post by Technical Support » 26 Aug 19, 08:46

1. The horizontal scrolling with 2 fingers on trackpad is not working -- it should switch between browser pages (back and forward).
3. Horizontal scrolling over magic mouse didn't seem to work -- this is the same gesture as trackpad with 2 fingers.
It is a known issue. We still looking for a solution.
2. I tried using both laptop's trackpad and desktop's magic mouse. I realize it's not a common case, but I thought I would have only one cursor/pointer/focus movable by any of the input devices. But the keyboard focus didn't move along the mouse cursor when I used desktop's mouse to move to laptop's screen and then back to desktop's. I noticed the cursor pointer stayed on laptop's screen and the focus as well.
The focus goes with the mouse you are currently using, but if using the mouse on both devices the focus is not taken away from the other, which may cause a situation that each ShareMouse installation focuses different computers.
4. When Handoff is turned on, I'm experimenting some lag. But I think this is a general problem with handoff+bluetooth, which makes all the system laggy.
It is a know issue. Unfortunately, we could find a solution yet.
Suggestion: settings could be more self explanatory. Didn't understand some of the options.
Which options do you have in mind?