Dynamic Checkbox Group

User-to-User discussion about the PhraseExpress macro programming.
Bakawun

Dynamic Checkbox Group

Post by Bakawun » 13 Sep 21, 10:13

I'm trying to build a form with multiple select based on options in a folder of phrases, but seems it needs to be built manually.

Is there any way to create a "dynamic checkbox group" form item based on a folder of phrases (or Excel cells)?

Thanks!

DrBGM

Post by DrBGM » 08 Mar 22, 22:18

Hello Bakawun,

Did you find a solution or workaround for populating "dynamic checkbox group"?

I also tried to figure that out.

Best regards,
DrBGM

Technical Support

Post by Technical Support » 14 Mar 22, 10:18

You can create a separate phrase with a checkbox group for each value (excel cells, folder, etc.) and in the main phrase use the #check macro with #insert-s to select the proper checkbox group configuration.

DrBGM

Post by DrBGM » 29 Mar 22, 19:43

I tried to reproduce :
separate phrase with a checkbox group for each value (excel cells, folder, etc.) and in the main phrase use the #check macro with #insert-s to select the proper checkbox group configuration.
but I could not get it done.

I think the main idea is to have a folder (in my case a dynamic folder based on an excel sheet. The excel sheet includes columns with "Phrase-Description", "Phrase-Content" and "Autotext".) The amount of rows in excel is dynamic, but less than e.g. 15.

How can I create a separate phrase with a checkbox group for each value of a dynamic folder? In this case manual creation makes no sense. Or do I miss the point?

The main goal in my case is to execute each phrase, which is ticked in the checkbox group. In my example each ticked checkbox group would create a separate email for specified recipients.