A function for storing the current variables with the option to load them later.

User-to-User discussion about the PhraseExpress macro programming.
alfieri

A function for storing the current variables with the option to load them later.

Post by alfieri » 31 Jan 21, 23:10

Hello.

A function for storing the current variables with the option to load them later would be very useful.

The point is that I have different variables for each case, and when I return to the case after a few days, I have to redefine them. It would be very nice to have them stored (preferably in a .txt file) in the case directory and load them as needed.

Similarly, the ability to save the contents of the clipboard, which I lack, was previously addressed.

What are you going to do until v. 16?

Technical Support

Post by Technical Support » 01 Feb 21, 10:17

You can use #setphrase to store anything in a phrase, #output to save text into a file and #insertfile or #embedfile to output file content.

alfieri

Post by alfieri » 01 Feb 21, 12:27

Thanks for the quick reply, but we probably don't understand. I mean to store ALL variables and load with one choice in the menu.

I process files for individual clients and work on them continuously - repeatedly. I can't imagine storing and retrieving variables for each one individually. It's faster to re-fill them using inputForm :(

If I didn't understand, then sorry, I'm not a programmer :)

Petr

Technical Support

Post by Technical Support » 01 Feb 21, 12:45

Then store the variables in CSV format one file for each client using #output and then use #csv macro to read them from the file.
Also dynamic linking of files and databases maybe interesting for this task: Import -> Database -> Check "Dynamic link"

alfieri

Post by alfieri » 02 Feb 21, 06:46

That is a pity. This is an insurmountable problem for me, I can't do it.

Would it be possible to send a macro here that can store variables and a macro that can load them?

I know it's delaying for you, but I really can't handle it.

Peter Stotz
PhraseExpress Expert

Post by Peter Stotz » 03 Feb 21, 19:56

„A function for storing the current variables with the option to load them later“

Without further information (examples) I can't understand your request.
What are 'variables' for you?

But why don't you set up text module files *.pxp with the respective contents on a case-by-case basis
and export/import them as needed?
Textbausteindateien.jpg
Peter Stotz
Windows 10 - PhraseExpress v15.0.81
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alfieri

Post by alfieri » 04 Feb 21, 07:32

Hello.

I'm so sorry, I guess I described it wrong. I had in mind a situation where I make an input form and insert data into it. One option is to "remember" this information. I would like to be able to save THESE data (variables for me) and then load it. At best, by some button directly in this form.

I apologize once again and thank you for your patience.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter Stotz
PhraseExpress Expert

Post by Peter Stotz » 12 Feb 21, 11:04

@alfieri
Thank you for your information!
Keeping previous entries ready for form input is not trivial...
Attached is an example - but this possible solution is still rather unsatisfactory for me...

Import file:
Study- Form input - optionally with previous entries.pxp
Peter Stotz
Windows 10 - PhraseExpress v15.0.84

alfieri

Post by alfieri » 13 Feb 21, 23:09

Thanks, it's a little more complicated - for me - but I understood the basic idea.

In any case, I would not completely let this idea go in and I would be happy if it was possible to save ALL the entries from the form for later use - directly with the button on the form. Best as a file (* csv, * txt, ...).

I have this idea: I have one directory for each case. I store inputs from individual forms in it - all of them. Then I work on another case, where I also save the data from the forms in a directory. When I need to work on the original case, I choose the form (run it) and load the data from the saved file into it. Beautiful !!!

I know it's hard, but it will greatly enhance an already excellent product. I've been a paying user since version 9, and I'm not going to stop :)