Document Generator - Examples has no templates

User-to-User discussion about the PhraseExpress macro programming.
AdvCAD

Document Generator - Examples has no templates

Post by AdvCAD » 12 Apr 19, 10:18

I am trying to learn how to create a new document using PhraseExpress. 2 Issues here.
1. no templates in the Templates folder and
2. Generate Sample doc macro does not create a file.

In the PhraseExpress Program Window I browsed through the subfolders hierarchy as shown below.
Document Generator - Examples
> Contract
>>Templates
There are no sample templates in the Templates folder. Should there be any sample templates in this folder when the program is first installed?
When I run the macro Generate Sample doc no file is created on the Desktop.
The final step in the macro displays a notification bubble in the system tray stating the file was not found.
Update: I just watched the youtube video on Document Generator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrljQni ... e=youtu.be. I did not get the dialog box that is shown in the video (see attached screen capture)
2019-04-12_053213.png
I restarted PhraseExpress with admin rights and got the same result, file not found.
I have 14.0.138s installed on Win7 64 SP1. I also got the same result in the prior version.
I appreciate your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 12 Apr 19, 10:34

If you install the regular version, you should see templates and sample docs for the document generator:
2019-04-12_1133.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AdvCAD

Post by AdvCAD » 12 Apr 19, 10:56

Thanks for the reply. I had the same content before and after I installed 138s. I downloaded and imported the DocumentGenerator.pxp to its own folder for comparison. The imported .pxp has less content than the default installed with the program.

AdvCAD

Post by AdvCAD » 28 May 19, 15:50

running version 14.0.145s now.
Generate Sample doc has never worked on this version or any previous version I have used.
the ...test.doc is not created and therefore cannot be opened when the macro completes. Does the version I am running support #system variables? How do I test a system variable to see if it is working?