Strange behavior in editor

User-to-User discussion about the PhraseExpress macro programming.
vertigoelectric

Strange behavior in editor

Post by vertigoelectric » 04 Dec 18, 03:40

Sorry. I know this isn't directly related to macro programming, but I'm unable to request technical support because I'm using the demo, but I still need help.

When trying to insert text into certain places within the editor, the insertion point will sometimes automatically jump ahead to the next macro and insert a closing bracket for some reason. For example:

I want to insert a number before a question here:

The instant I press the key, it will insert the number but will then jump forward to the first hash symbol it finds and insert a closing bracket after it:

This breaks the entire macro code that was already in place. Additionally, pressing CTRL-Z to 'undo' will remove that bracket but then causes the insertion point to keep jumping forward and inserting closing brackets in different places.

I've gone through settings and made sure all auto-complete options are turned off and cannot find any other settings related to this kind of behavior. This bug is incredibly annoying because it's hard to recover from when it happens because the more I keep trying to correct it, the worse it gets (it just keeps changing things around). The only workaround I've found is to copy and paste everything into a separate text editor, edit there, then paste it all back into PE. This is incredibly inefficient, and I really hope someone is able to help with this.

Thanks so much!