Inserting multiple items from clipboard using macro  SOLVED

User-to-User discussion about the PhraseExpress macro programming.
Saucedod

Inserting multiple items from clipboard using macro

Post by Saucedod » 26 Sep 21, 20:57

I'm wondering if it is possible to use the {insertclipboard} macro so that I could, when reviewing a document, select and copy more than one sentence/passage (which then sit in my clipboard) and then have those passages automatically inserted into a phrase. For example: {insertclipboard -item3} where item3 is the third passage currently in my clipboard cache. I saw another user posting about this online but I was not able to track down the original post.

I'm using phrase express to review student essays. I often need to quote their writing back to them and place that same writing within a larger explanation of some assignment. At the moment, I set up a form where I input snippets of their writing and then the form macro inserts their writing into the larger piece of writing (my explanation). However, this necessitates a lot of copying and pasting of text into a form, text that is *already* sitting in my clipboard. If I could just "call" that text somehow :-)

Much appreciation for anyone's time.

*Using latest version of Phrase Express for Mac

Nelsao

Post by Nelsao » 03 Oct 21, 16:26

Hi ! This can be done through the "Insert phrase" macro. This macro allows you to invoke any folder of the Pharase Express and indicate the item to insert. For this you need to assign an autotext, to the clipboard which can be for example "i", then when you need to invite item 2 of the clipboard use the macro "Insert phrase" = i + item 2.
The problem with this is that to adapt it to a macro, you always need to know in what order you copy things and know in advance what you have in item 2. You already adapt it as you like.
Regarding what you say, about the possibility of joining several chapters or texts and joining them, I use a macro that defines a new paragraph, joining two (2) paragraphs. And it would be a united paragraph, for this I use the macro "Set phrase content" as you can see in the photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Saucedod

Post by Saucedod » 06 Oct 21, 16:08

Thanks Nelsao! Your tip was exactly what I needed and you have saved me so much time. Very much appreciated!