User Input Pop-up Window Placement

User-to-User discussion about the PhraseExpress macro programming.
Forum rules
Please read the forum disclaimer. Thank you!
semhof

User Input Pop-up Window Placement

Post by semhof » 21 Mar 17, 17:49

Users on my team are having problems with the various pop-up windows that appear when a phrase requires user input (e.g., a calendar window pops up to get a date input). Specifically, they do not like that the window blocks the text of the phrase, so that it is impossible to read the phrase text before providing the user input.

Is there a way to globally change the location of the pop-up windows so that they do not block the text of the phrase?

I have tried manually dragging the window where I want it to appear, and have even confirmed that I would like to "Remember window position," but the window position is not remembered the next time I trigger the phrase.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Peter Stotz
PhraseExpress Expert

Re: User Input Pop-up Window Placement

Post by Peter Stotz » 21 Mar 17, 19:44

Could this help?
(see the picture)

Peter
Win 10-1607 64 bit - PhraseExpress 12.0.137i
Pop-up Window Placement.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

semhof

Post by semhof » 21 Mar 17, 20:51

Unfortunately no, I do not think it would. That setting relates to the pop up menu from the PhraseExpress icon form which a phrase is selected. Where my team is having the problem is after the phrase has been triggered, and a user input dialogue box pops up as instructed by the phrase itself (e.g., if the phrase contains something like {#CALENDAR -head Select purchase date -F MMMM dd -MANUAL} in it). I would like to be able to change where that type of pop up dialogue box appears, as currently it is blocking the text of the phrase itself.

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 10 Apr 17, 09:43

Grab the popup window by its title bar and drag it where you want it. PhraseExpress will prompt you to save this settings.

semhof

Post by semhof » 10 Apr 17, 16:31

Grab the popup window by its title bar and drag it where you want it. PhraseExpress will prompt you to save this settings.
Unfortunately this does not work. The next time a pop-up is triggered it appears in the default spot, even if I have confirmed that I want PhraseExpress to remember where I dragged the box previously.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 10 Apr 17, 16:57

Just tried and cannot confirm any issue. Please make sure to use latest version: http://download.phraseexpress.com

semhof

Post by semhof » 14 Apr 17, 18:55

I was able to figure out that in order for PhraseExpress to remember the new position, the pop-up box must be for text entry user input. It does not seem to remember the position when dragging a date-picker around.

martin

Post by martin » 07 Feb 18, 15:54

For this problem I use the free tool "AutoSizer". It can give any window an exact desktop position and window size. :-)